- When did you start CrossFit and why?
I started CrossFit in April 2017. My husband Dante had been begging me to join with him and I was intimidated and hesitant to join. I felt out of shape and sluggish all the time. I didn’t see myself running, jumping or lifting like everyone else. I have always had to limit myself due to an old knee injury but Dan ensured me that there were modifications that I could do which made me feel more at ease.
- What is you favorite movement?
Deadlifts, Tire Flips and Rowing
- What is your least favorite movement?
- Tell us a little about your life outside the gym (family, job, hobbies, interests, etc)
Fortunate to have a supporting, loving husband Dante and the coolest stepdaughter in the world. I have been working in Digital Advertising for almost 10 years. I enjoy spending time with family and friends!
- What were you doing before CrossFit?
Before CrossFit, I had been doing the bare minimum – treadmill, elliptical, basic weight training – and not seeing results. I was never the most athletic growing up so working out just felt like something I had to do to stay somewhat in shape.
- What were your goals when joining CrossFit and how have you achieved those goals?
Like most people joining a gym, my goal was to get into shape and lose weight. When I first started, I was out of breath rowing 500m and now I actually enjoy rowing a 2k (even the 5K). I have also been counting macros or following a template since summer 2017 and I have lost a total of 20 lbs since I started! (Thanks to the guidance of Mallory and Nicole!)
- How has CrossFit affected your life outside the gym?
Working out was never something I enjoyed to do. It was almost a chore. Since joining CrossFit, I actually enjoy working out. It’s the hour of the day where I can “relax” before really relaxing. I also sleep better than I had before and have lots more energy!
- What advice would you give to someone new to CrossFit or thinking about giving it a shot?
Try it! From someone who was skeptical, you might actually like it. Pennant has a really great community and I have made some great friends since joining!!